Notices & Disclosures
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to the web site of Hunt & Henriques. The information on this page governs your use of Hunt & Henriques web site. Your use of the site is your acknowledgment that you understand the terms and conditions set out here and that you agree to comply with these terms and conditions. If you are unable to accept and abide by these terms, please do not use this site or its information. Also note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time without otherwise providing notice. You should refer to this material whenever using the site.
Please read the following information carefully.
No Attorney-Client Relationship Formed:
All materials on this website are provided by Hunt & Henriques for informational purposes only and do not contain legal advice, legal opinions or any other form of advice regarding any specific facts or circumstances. The transmission and receipt of information contained on the web site neither form nor constitute an attorney-client relationship with Hunt & Henriques, or any of its owners, associates or consultants. Any use of the information contained on this web site or transmittal of information from emails on this web site do not give you a reasonable basis for a belief that that use creates an attorney-client relationship.
Transmission of Information:
If you would like Hunt & Henriques to represent you, the best way to initiate a discussion about that representation is to call the firm at (800) 680-2426 or email us at email@example.com. It is important that we not create a conflict of interest between you and any of our current or past clients. This protects both you and them. Therefore, under no circumstance should you provide us with information pertaining to a matter without first speaking to one of our attorneys and receiving confirmation that the appropriate conflict checks have been cleared and the firm determines that it is otherwise able to accept the engagement.
If you email or otherwise provide information, materials or documents prior to your receipt of such confirmation and an appropriate engagement, we may not be able to treat that information as privileged, confidential or protected information. In addition, we can represent a party adverse to you even if the information you submit to us could be used against you in that matter.
Limitation of Liability:
Although Hunt & Henriques makes reasonable efforts to keep material on this web site current, please understand that laws, regulations, other legal authorities and other information change quickly and may not be fully reflected on this site without delay. Therefore, you should not act upon any information on this website without seeking professional counsel. Hunt & Henriques makes no warranties, representations or claims of any kind with respect to any of the information on this web site, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness and suitability for any purpose of this information. Under no circumstance shall Hunt & Henriques or any of its partners, associates, consultants or agents involved in the creation or delivery of the material on this web site be liable to you or anyone else as a result of damages from your access or use of material on this web site.
Some links within our web site may lead you to other sites (third-party sites). Hunt & Henriques does not have control over those sites and is not responsible for their content or your reliance on the information contained there. Our links to third-party sites do not necessarily create an endorsement or approval of any content on those sites. Once you go to a third-party site, you do so at your own risk. You are subject to the terms, conditions of use and privacy policies of the third-party site.
Certain materials on this site are used with the express consent of the holder of the copyright thereto. You may use this material only for personal informational purposes. If you wish to use the material for any other purposes, you must have the expressed consent of Hunt & Henriques and the copyright holder to do so. All rights reserved. Copyright 2019.
Limitations on Use:
You are hereby notified that the owners of the email addresses published on this site do not wish to receive and you are prohibited from sending unsolicited commercial email messages for services or products to the email addresses provided on this site. You are prohibiting from attempting to interfere with the proper function of this site. You are prohibited from forging any email addresses. You are prohibited from framing any content of this web site. You are responsible for all damages and costs resulting from these actions in any way and from any illegal actions involving the web site of Hunt & Henriques whether or not enumerated here. If you have any questions about your obligations set out here, you should contact Hunt & Henriques to clarify your questions.
You must defend, indemnify and hold harmless Hunt & Henriques, its partners, associates and consultants from any claims, damages, costs and expenses resulting from your failure to comply with terms set out here. If you have any questions about this obligation, you should contact Hunt & Henriques to clarify your questions.
Disclosures and Disclaimers:
Under Rule 1-400 of the California Rules of Professional Conduct, this web site is a “communication” that is made by lawyers at Hunt & Henriques who are members of the State Bar of California and addresses the availability of professional employment. In other states, this web site may be deemed an advertisement.
In the event you believe this web site does not comply with the rules of the state where you reside, you should disregard its contents and, if you wish, seek information about the services provided by Hunt & Henriques from other resources or directly from the firm, its partners, associates or consultants.
The mailing address of Hunt & Henriques is 151 Bernal Road, Suite 8, San Jose, CA 95119-1306.
When you visit Hunt & Henriques Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on Hunt & Henriques Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, is the property of Hunt & Henriques or is used with the express consent of the copyright holder and protected by the United States and international copyright laws.
Hunt & Henriques Site or any portion of Hunt & Henriques Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Hunt & Henriques and the copyright holder. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Hunt & Henriques without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Hunt & Henriques name or trademarks without the express written consent of Hunt & Henriques. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Hunt & Henriques. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Hunt & Henriques Site, so long as the link does not portray Hunt & Henriques, or its services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Hunt & Henriques logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
Hunt & Henriques respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify Hunt & Henriques, in writing at 151 Bernal Road, Suite 8, San Jose, CA 95119-1306.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Hunt & Henriques Site and all information, content, materials, software, and services included on or otherwise made available to you through the site are provided by Hunt & Henriques on an “as is” and “as available” basis unless otherwise specified in the agreement. Hunt & Henriques makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, software, or services included on or otherwise made available to you through Hunt & Henriques Site unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Hunt & Henriques disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Hunt & Henriques does not warrant that this site; information, content, materials, products (including any software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through Hunt & Henriques Site; its servers; or e-mail sent from Hunt & Henriques are free of viruses or other harmful components. Hunt & Henriques will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Hunt & Henriques Site or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Hunt & Henriques Site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in the agreement. certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. if these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
By visiting Hunt & Henriques Site, you agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Site Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Hunt & Henriques.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies on Hunt & Henriques Site. We reserve the right to make changes to Hunt & Henriques Site, policies, and these Site Terms at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
The mailing address of Hunt & Henriques is 151 Bernal Road, Suite 8, San Jose, CA 95119-1306.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy describes prohibited uses of the web services offered by Hunt & Henriques. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on Hunt & Henriques Site. By using the Services or accessing Hunt & Henriques Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Hunt & Henriques Site for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities. Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available gambling sites or services or disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”).
Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them.
Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Hunt & Henriques Site.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact Hunt & Henriques.
The mailing address of Hunt & Henriques is 151 Bernal Road, Suite 8, San Jose, CA 95119-1306.
Amended January 7, 2020.
Hunt & Henriques On-Line Privacy Notice for www.hunthenriques.com
What Personal Information About Consumers Does Hunt & Henriques Gather?
The information we learn from consumers on the www.hunthenriques.com website helps us continually improve the online experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us
We receive and store the information you enter on our website if you use the website to contact us. The information you are required to provide for us to generate and process the request is your name, address, phone number and email address and any other information that you provide in your email to us. You can choose not to provide your contact information or any specific item, but if you chose to do so, we may be unable to respond to your inquiry.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the www.hunthenriques.com website and other content served by or on behalf of Hunt & Henriques on other websites. Please see below for a list of examples.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device.
The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Does Hunt & Henriques Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
You may be visiting the www.hunthenriques.com website to initiate an inquiry or make a complaint or initiate a dispute regarding a debt owed to a client of Hunt & Henriques (“Our Client”). Any information provided to Hunt & Henriques in connection with such a communication will be provided to Our Client and/or other attorneys retained by our Client to collect your account.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include site analytics and analyzing data. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We ensure that all third parties follow practices at least as protective at those described in this Privacy Notice.
Change of Address
In the event that the address you provide us does not match the address in our records, we may update your address based on the information you have provided to us. In the event that we update our records, the updated address will also be provided to Our Client and/or other attorneys retained by Our Client to collect your account.
In the event that Hunt & Henriques merges with another firm or is acquired by another firm, consumer information will be transferred to that firm.
With Your Consent
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be provided by Hunt & Henriques to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
The www.hunthenriques.com website does not include any third party advertising.
Protection of Hunt & Henriques law firm and Others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hunt & Henriques, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to allow us to process or respond to a communication you have sent us.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
- personal identifying information, including, but not limited to name, address, telephone number, social security number, account number, email address, driver’s license number, as well as other identifying information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor, and/or credit reports and/or third-party data providers and/or the consumer;
- health insurance information, if the debt is a medical debt, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- characteristics such as age, gender, etc., which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- retail information, which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor;
- internet activity such as IP address from cookies, after visiting our websites or payment portal;
- banking information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or credit reports and/or third-party data providers and/or the consumer;
- geolocation data and location data, including GPS coordinates, which we obtain from process servers if there is a lawsuit filed;
- call recordings, which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us;
- professional and employment related information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, third party data providers, consumer’s employer, and/or the consumer;
- educational information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, and/or possibly any applications or other documents gathered from a person’s creditor; and
- biometric information including, but not limited to physical descriptions, photos and voiceprints (audio recordings), which we obtained from person’s creditor and/or process servers if there is a lawsuit, and recordings which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us.
Examples of Information You Give Us
You provide such information when you visit or make a payment via the www.hunthenriques.com website. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone number and email address and any other information that you provide in your email to us.
Examples of Automatic Information
IMPORTANT NOTICE 1
This privacy statement only applies to information obtained as the result of your use of the www.hunthenriques.com website. This privacy statement does not apply to information obtained from any other source, including as the result of interactions with you or any third party.
IMPORTANT NOTICE 2
Notwithstanding anything contained within this Privacy Notice, Hunt & Henriques is a debt collector attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This communication is from a debt collector.
– Amended January 7. 2020
(To obtain a copy of this notice in an alternative format please phone us at 1-866-625-9835 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download PDF files of this notice here.)
The California Consumer Privacy Act gives a consumer the right to request that we disclose the following upon receipt of a verified request:
- The categories of personal information we collect;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The purpose for collecting the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected, disclosed, or sold.
The California Consumer Privacy Act also requires that we disclose the categories of personal information we typically collect about a consumer. We typically collect the following categories of information from you (and others as noted):
- Personal identifying information, including, but not limited to name, address, telephone number, social security number, account number, email address, driver’s license number, as well as other identifying information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor, and/or credit reports and/or third-party data providers and/or the consumer;
- Health insurance information, if the debt is a medical debt, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- Characteristics such as age, gender, etc., which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor and/or the consumer;
- Retail information, which we obtain from credit reports and/or a person’s creditor;
- Internet activity such as IP address from cookies, after visiting our websites or payment portal;
- Banking information, which we obtain from a person’s creditor and/or credit reports and/or third-party data providers and/or the consumer;
- Geolocation data and location data, including GPS coordinates, which we obtain from process servers if there is a lawsuit filed;
- Call recordings, which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us;
- Professional and employment-related information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, third-party data providers, consumer’s employer, and/or the consumer;
- Educational information, which we obtain from the consumer’s creditor, credit reports, and/or possibly any applications or other documents gathered from a person’s creditor; and
- Biometric information including, but not limited to physical descriptions, photos and voiceprints (audio recordings), which we obtained from person’s creditor and/or process servers if there is a lawsuit, and recordings which are made when the consumer has a telephone conversation with us.
If you wish to request the categories of information or the actual information we have collected about you, please call us at 1-866-625-9835 or fill out this form. Hunt & Henriques is a debt collector and all information that is collected will be used for debt collection purposes.
Once we receive your request, we will compare the information you provided with the information Hunt & Henriques already has. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the consumer. If we cannot verify that the request came from the consumer, we will notify the consumer.
The California Consumer Privacy Act also provides for the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information. However, Hunt & Henriques does not and will not sell personal information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides for the right for consumers to request deletion of their information, subject to various exceptions. The information that Hunt & Henriques collects generally falls within an exception and does not have to be deleted upon request. Nonetheless, such a request can be made to Hunt & Henriques at 1-866-625-9835 or fill out this form.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that the consumer has a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The California Privacy Act provides that a consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act. The consumer must provide either a power of attorney or written authorization to authorize an agent to make a request.
HUNT & HENRIQUES PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT ADDRESSED TO EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act requires that we disclose the categories of personal information we typically collect and use in the context of a person’s role as a job applicant or employee. We typically collect the following categories of information from you and others as noted:
- Identifiers such as personal identifying information, including, but not limited to name, address, telephone number, social security number, email address, driver’s license number, bank account information, as well as other identifying information from you, your creditor, credit reports and/or third= party data providers;
- Personal information as defined in the California Customer Records Act, Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80 such as contact information, health information, insurance information, financial information, results of drug testing and criminal background information.
- Protected classifications under California or federal law such as age, race, color, citizenship, marital status, gender, etc. from you and providers of background checks;
- Internet or similar activity information such as IP address from your browsing history, search history, information on an interaction with websites and applications;
- Geolocation data such as device location if you work remotely;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information such as call and video recordings;
- Biometric information such as genetic, physiological, behavioral and biological characteristics or activity patters or other identifying information such as fingerprints, voiceprints, photos or other physical patters;
- Professional and employment related information from you and/or third-party data providers;
- Educational information from you and/or third-party data providers;
- Information such as work history and performance evaluations; and
- Certain inferences concerning an individual’s preferences, abilities, aptitudes and characteristics
We collect personal information relating to employees and applicants who are California residents in a variety of contexts, including in connection with applications for employment, Human Resource activities and job-related activities. The categories of personal information that we collect and use about a California resident will depend on our specific relationship or interaction with that individual, and the examples provided in each category above are for illustrative purposes only.
Purposes for Which We Use Personal Information:
We may use personal information relating to employees and applicants who are California residents for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Evaluating employment applications and employee performance
- Providing and maintaining our employee related services
- Conducting background checks
- Protecting against security risks
- Conducting research and data analysis
- Maintaining our facilities, systems, and infrastructure
- Improving our employee related services
- Carrying out our legal and business purposes, such as complying with federal, state, or local laws, responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory lawsuits or investigations, exercising our rights or defending against legal claims, resolving complaints and disputes, performing compliance activities, performing institutional risk control, and otherwise operating, managing, and maintaining our business
- As otherwise disclosed to you at or before the point of collecting your personal information
We may also use personal information relating to California residents for one or more of the specific “business purposes” listed in the CCPA:
- Auditing related to an employee
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use
- Performing services on behalf of clients or their service providers, including maintaining or servicing employees’ accounts, providing employees service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying employees or applicant’s information, processing payroll, or providing similar services on behalf of Hunt & Henriques law firm or its service providers
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service that is owned or controlled by Hunt & Henriques law firm.
Changes to This CCPA Disclosure
We may change or update this CCPA Disclosure in the future. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Disclosure To Employees and Applicants on our website. This CCPA Disclosure was last updated and became effective on December 25, 2019.